My FOOD HELL!!!

Simply put, in medical terms, according to the NHS- I am obese. OBESE! I have a health website- how in god's name can I tolerate being obese! I have been buying ever expanding clothes, I eat absolute rubbish on a daily basis, I drink too much alcohol, in fact whatever I eat tends to be bad for me- too much chocolate, too many crisps, too much beer, too much bread... need I go on?

I obviously need to lose weight. However, my usual 'go to' method of weight loss- running- is gone. After numerous injuries over the past 6 years, I have been advised to stop running or face permanent damage. Even though I have to lose weight, I have no method to do it.

One of my many problems is that I see food and alcohol as a pleasurable experience and a reason to celebrate is a reason to drink. With my particularly stressful job, I feel that I need a drink on a Friday having conquered a difficult week. We have far too many crisps, sweets and chocolates stuffed around the house, so the temptation is always there. On a regular basis, I will wake up in the middle of the night, creep downstairs and stuff my face with a whole manner of goodies. All adding weight and affecting my health.

I have decided to draw a line in the sand. One of the things I need to cure is seeing food as a reward and a pleasure. Instead of seeing food as a pleasure, I need to see it as, what it should be, a fuel to keep my body healthy. I have been trying this since the turn of the year. It was my target to lose two stone over the 52 week period. This may seem alot, but it is a mere 28 pounds- less than 1 pound per week.

So how am I getting on... badly. Instead of losing weight, I have actually put MORE weight on. This blog is now going to be about how I will definitely get to lose those two stones... well, two stones 2 pounds now over the course of the year. I will detail the highs and lows, the celebrations and the blows. I suppose I am also asking for your help- how can I best lose this bounteous bulk?! All suggestions welcome!

Comments

  1. Best of luck to you - I am in the same boat. I need to lose about 30-40 lbs before I will be in "good health". I gained weight after child birth and a back injury. I used to just go work out and lose the weight but I have to change my tactics as well. I hope you find a good way to lose the weight you want to lose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments- good luck on your weight loss journey. I am inspired by your efforts to lose weight I think you're a real superstar! Hopefully we will be able to share our weight loss tips and successes in the future!

      Delete
  2. I used Slimfast to get an immediate start on my weight loss. It's good stuff but eventually old habits crept back in. I've lost two stone but I still have an extremely long way to go. They say bananas give an energy boost & are said to be really good for the body too. I do love a banana which is just as well. Maybe try buying bananas instead of sweets,crisps etc. The bonus part is they're very cheap. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bri and thanks for finding time to read my post and comment on it! I am definitely going to try to substitute my bad food choices for healthier ones this week! I’ll let u know how I get on!

      Delete
  3. After studying your article you have to understand what I actually have written here. mcdonalds apple pie nutrition This one is being written once you have a proposal from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Progress Check: I Lost 4 Pounds!

Weekly Weight Loss Progress Check- I LOST 2 POUNDS!